Sr. User Researcher
Articles / Job Openings
Date: Sep 13, 2004 - 09:38 PM
|The User Research Group conducts research and testing for Intuit's Consumer Tax Group, supporting various software products and services. As part of the User Centered Design Group, researchers identify and predict existing and future customer needs, inform and inspire product designs, collaborating with development and business partners, and developing or acquiring the knowledge and skills we need to improve the quality of our deliverables. Our environment is fast-paced, multi-disciplinary, highly interactive, and informal.
The successful candidate will demonstrate proficiency and experience in the following areas:
- Application of rigorous research and testing methodologies
- Ability to work on multiple, complex projects with little or no supervision
- Excellent judgment when balancing the needs of customers with the needs of our business.
- Bachelors Degree (or higher) in Human Factors, Psychology or an equivalent field in the behavioral sciences.
- At least four years of industry experience as a hands-on researcher in one or more consumer product domains.
- Expertise in experimental design, quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis, user profiling and familiarity with a broad range of methodologies.
- Strong understanding of and affinity for GUI design concepts and emerging technologies.
- Experience with ethnographic and other field research techniques desirable
- Experience with participatory design methods desirable
- Experience teaching others about these concepts and methodologies. Must enjoy working closely with others, and be respectful of different perspectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Organized, self-directed, efficient and able to complete complex projects in a timely manner.
Please send Word doc resume to: email@example.com
This article comes from CHIplace
The URL for this story is: