Urgent: Usability professionals for PeopleSoft-Covansys Usability Innovation Lab
Articles / Job Openings
Date: Sep 09, 2004 - 10:29 AM
|As PeopleSoft’s India presence, Covansys is building a Usability and User Experience Innovation lab in Whitefield, Bangalore.
Simultaneously, we seek to hire outstanding Usability Engineers, Interaction Designers, User researchers, and professionals/researchers in Human Computer Interaction. The UE team will work with PeopleSoft’s Pleasanton and Denver usability teams, across the Enterprise and Enterprise One suite of products.
This team is expected to grow to a few dozen people by 2005. In addition to formal usability testing, product evaluations, Total User Experience (TOE) metrics, and usability research, there will forthcoming opportunities to work with user communities in the Asia-Pacific. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of leading edge HCI and Usability research for both mature market and emerging market software product initiatives with PeopleSoft.
Over the next few weeks, we are specifically accepting applications for USABILITY ENGINEERS.
• Work with UE interaction designers to conduct task analyses, usability tests, heuristic evaluations, cognitive walkthroughs, site visits, focus groups and related user research.
• Iterate with PeopleSoft’s product development and the User Experience teams to develop plans for gathering user feedback.
• Analyze and synthesize information to be communicated back to product teams. Report on concrete, actionable recommendations that teams can use to fix problems found.
• As needed, create digital highlights/videos of user behavior & present to product teams.
• Work with a multi-disciplinary team including developers, graphic designers, interaction designers, documentation and others to create compelling product experiences
• Participate actively in directed research for international representations at CHI, UPA, IEEE, and other usability forums.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Familiarity with current usability research, theories and methodologies, especially with regards to web development
• Passion for Usability Engineering with successful experience in software/web development environment
• 360 degree understanding of User-Centered Design practices and principles and substantial practical experience in their application
• Skilled in designing reliable and repeatable in-person and remote experiments
• Functional knowledge of CRM, HR, Financials or Supply Chain Management a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task on different projects, and diverse responsibilities
• Sensitization to bringing the user’s perspective into the design and development process
• Ideally, advanced degree in Ethnography, Cognitive/Experimental Psychology, Human Factors, Industrial Engineering, Human-Computer Interaction or a related discipline (Bachelor degree holders in these disciplines with good product experience may also apply)
Amit S. Pande
PeopleSoft IDC, Covansys (India)
4th Floor, Diamond District
Airport Road, Bangalore - 71
PeopleSoft is the world's second largest provider of enterprise application software. It is a worldwide leader in providing complete solutions for more than 24 industries—from industrial manufacturing and consumer goods to financial services, healthcare, and public sector organizations. More than 12,200 organizations worldwide—from mid-sized manufacturing companies to the largest service enterprises in both the private and public sectors—are using PeopleSoft solutions to build stronger and more profitable businesses.
PeopleSoft's pioneering Total Ownership Experience initiative ensures the best overall user experience at the lowest cost of ownership. Founded in 1987 and headquartered in Pleasanton, California, PeopleSoft has 12,000 employees and annual revenues of more than $2.3 billion.
Since its inception in 1985, Covansys (NASDAQ: CVNS) has rooted itself in high-quality software engineering principles and an unwavering commitment to delivery.
Covansys India operates as a wholly owned subsidiary of Covansys Corporation USA and has three software development centers in India, including a state of the art data center at Chennai. It has a pool of more than 2,700 highly skilled software professionals and a network of Covansys offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Covansys is one of the very few companies in the world to achieve SEI CMM® Level 5 and SEI's People Capability Maturity Model (PCMM®) Level 5 certifications.
Covansys and PeopleSoft have collaborated to build PeopleSoft’s IDC in Bangalore in a phased partnership model.
This article comes from CHIplace
The URL for this story is: